View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #9
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdAECF View Post
And idk why that guy said the swim was 100 m. It's one length down an Olympic pool. More people fail the prone float than the swim. And unless you fail, you will only swim once ever at rtc.
My bad... I did the II, so I was thinking 100m. Yeah, III is just the 1 length... make sure you can swim with good form or you'll probably get yanked out. A few of the shipmates in my division were pulled because it looked like they were struggling... if the instructor pokes you with the pole, you're out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdAECF View Post
My experiences are based on the past 2 months of my life, chilling across the street now! Oh, and allergeys, if ya want you can go to medical for Claritin or whatever, but I never went to medical. Not worth risking a siq or LLD chit. Miss mandatory events for stupid shit, no thanks.
Medical actually isn't bad at all, as long as you're not what we called "malingering"... show up with a sore throat or cough expecting to get an LLD/SIQ chit, and you're gonna be treated like crap by the corpsmen, docs, and your RDCs. Show up and tell them you want to remain FFD (Fit for Full Duty), and you're treated well and processed in and out so you can get back to training. Check with your yeomans and look at the plan of the day... do what you can to tough it out until you've got something going on that you can miss.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote