View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 12:49 PM   #45
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a little late to the gate here, but just to provide current info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhr07 View Post
And lastly, do you have any info about the Aircrew Program? I know you have to do 4 years and re-enlist for 24 months (or something like that), but I am getting mixed views that if I volunteer for it, I will most likely cross-rate?
Yes, you would have to cross-rate since all Aircrew duties are under the umbrella of the AW[x] series ratings now... but see below for more on cross-rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John213AV View Post
BHR I don't think we can go and volunteer Aircrew at bootcamp anymore. From what I know from other guys who are Aircrew, it must be guaranteed in your contract at MEPS.
^ Correct. There are still a few Cryptologic Technician ratings who can volunteer out of A School... but everyone else must be an AW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhr07 View Post
I didn't know that, but I hadn't planned on gunning for Aircrew at bootcamp though I will try after my 4 years as an AT or AE (whichever I get) and re-enlist for that extra 24 months which sounds just a little more possible.
As of now, Aircrew is closed to all cross-rating except for AWF and AWV Flight Engineer and In-Flight Technician billets wishing to transition to AWO. This is expected to carry through until the completion of fleet transition from the P-3 Orion to P-8 Poseidon patrol aircraft in 2023. There's always the chance for this to change as we expand the maritime patrol community to counter the returning Russian threat... but for the foreseeable future, this is the policy.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote