Thread: CTR Questions
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #2
Nicknyte
**Active Duty**

Nicknyte is a name known to allNicknyte is a name known to allNicknyte is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by killashadow16 View Post
I've read over the threads and lots of great info that I can tell my family. First let me introduce myself. My name is Josh and I am currently 25 but will be 26 in Dec. I ship out to RTC in July. Iam currently working on my BS in Community health and Wellness with a minor in Biology. I plan on working on my Masters in Epidemiology while in the Navy. Hoping to put in for an officer packet once I'm in. I am not married yet and I have no children. I also am going to put in for E-3 once I get my degree in May.

My questions are:
  1. what can I expect to expereince in Boot and A-school as an E-3 if there is any difference than an E-1?
  2. How long would it be till I would be tested for E-4?
  3. Due to not being married or having kids, I will most likely be looked at the have OUTCON assignment, correct?
  4. What would changed if I got married? When would be the best time(s) to get married? (planning sometimes around or after A-school.)
  5. When would be the best time to put in to Commission?
  6. If I get commissioned, would I still have to stay in Intel?

Note: Any other info would be greatly apprciated that I could relay to my family and my GF.

V/R
Joshua
For 4. I am currently married, and I intend to to have kids after all my schooling is complete and I reach my first PCS station (actually, when I finally get assigned a ship). Judging by the CTR Career Path, you may have to do 19 weeks of A school in Pensacola, followed by some advanced training directly after that. If you are really serious with your gf, then get married before deployment so she may take advantage of a higher BAH if you guys are living in an apartment/house together. If you are not SUPER serious, then, I'll let you decide that one, but you guys will not (could be wrong) be getting BAH. Ultimately, being married in the military has some perks, but you must be willing to deal with the separation. :D

NUKE WAIVER SIGNED: 20140904
SHIPDATE: 20150128
GRADUATION: 20150206
ASCHOOL GRADUATION: 20150925

Let me know if you have any questions on the pipeline! -ETN3 Nicknyte
Nicknyte is offline   Reply With Quote