View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 07:57 PM   #13
KaLinux

KaLinux is on a distinguished road

Sorry, but I had to bump this thread lol! Everything I was told by the recruiter was a lie (go figure). I am currently in ET "A" School, HAHA! I was unable to take the exam once I reenlisted. I have missed 3 exams since I've been back in the reserves. Some people that are crossing over to ET were able to take the exam, I wasn't. No biggie though. I will absolutely take the exam this September once I'm finished with A school. 100% advancement to ET2 in the reserves. The downside is that I'll have to wait 18 months to convert over to CTN.

CTN is still the ultimate goal. ET's strongly believe they have the best rate in the Navy. It's very likely that I'll never perform actual ET work on the Reserve side though. Also, no one knows what CT's do on a daily basis, so they're left out of the "Best Rate" equation. CTN's are like Pegacorns to the rest of the Navy lol. I don't care what the best rate is, I just have a passion for InfoSec and learning. I'll be starting my MS in Cybersecurity :Cyber Ops/ Malware Analysis at Utica College in January. I CANNOT WAIT!

I say all of this to just give an update. I will become a CTN.....someday lol.
KaLinux is offline   Reply With Quote