View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 06:59 AM   #29
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jody13 View Post
Hi ctt1
Thanks so much for the info. Ur so awesome for all the info u give everyone. I'm so excited for my daughter. Her decision to join the Navy came out of no where. She's a maui girl and it seemed scarey at first but I'm really happy she will serve our great country and do something unique. She wants me to join with her. Lol. Will this rate provide her opportunities after her 4 years if she doesn't continue in the Navy. Her uncle works as a civilian for the Navy but had a different rate. Can she become an officer later on without a degree. . Thanks again..jody
Jody,

Any branch of CT is in great position to obtain a federal job after their service. Our security clearance alone can be worth $50,000 to $100,000 to a potential employer (as in, they won't have to pay that much for a civilian to obtain a clearance). So yes, job prospects shouldn't be too hard.

As far as becoming an officer without a degree? The only ways that happen are if she were to go Limited Duty Officer (LDO) or Chief Warrant Officer (CWO). Both of which however require years and experience as a sailor (CWO specifically you have to make Chief before you're eligible). These would be moves she would be making around the 10-13 year mark in the Navy (each Sailor is different however)

NAVPERS15627-A and OPNAVINST 1420.1B both give an overview of what these programs entail.
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote