View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 04:45 AM   #5
PropertyofBuMed
**Active Duty**

PropertyofBuMed has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Every IDC I've met has done an FMF tour at some point in their career. Not saying that's a requirement, just a trend I've noticed.
Yeah, that's a general corpsman trend. FMF is a sea duty for us, given the lack of actual ship billets FMF is usually the only thing that will satisfy the requirements of our sea/shore rotation. When I checked CMS-ID last literally 80% of available billets for me were FMF... 10% overseas, maybe 8% stateside and 2% Ship.

Its also worth noting that the billets were pretty strange.. there were 2 billets to Poland and Romania. My initial reaction was lolwut.. so I did some googling and discovered they're some type of strategic air defense setup with like.. a few dozen personnel at most. There was also a stateside billet to.. New Hampshire.. I couldn't make it up if I tried.. they have Navy in New Hampshire apparently.. my neighbor took that one. Part of me kind of regretted dropping a package.. this would probably have been the only time in my career I see these types of things open up.
PropertyofBuMed is offline   Reply With Quote