View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 02:23 PM   #1
Mavyboy

Mavyboy will become famous soon enough
Question PACT Seamen To GM, MA?

Hello all, this is my first post and I will try and keep this short and sweet. I DEP'd in yesterday as a PACT SN and am scheduled to leave in April of 2015. As my story is very unique to myself I will try and explain it as best I can.
I graduated high school 3 years ago in 2011. Shortly after graduation, in November of the same year I was ticketed with Drug Paraphernalia (Spice/K2/Incense related).

Last year, in November of 2013 I took the ASVAB test to see where I stand among my peers and if I could even enlist. To my surprise I scored an 85.

Now I understood the whole time in my recruiting process that my paraphernalia ticket would severely limit my opportunity in finding a Rate in the Navy that I wanted, and I accepted that. When I went to MEPS yesterday due to my ticket I had a small list of jobs, and ultimately decided on PACT SN in the hopes that I would be able to prove myself and by my merits, NOT my distant past background, that I could eventually strike for a job that I dearly want.

Here is my question (I apologize for the short novel I just typed.)
Even though I was ticketed for Drug Paraphernalia, will (upon completing boot camp and doing my time in rate 9-18 months from my understanding) I be able to strike for the GM or even MA rate?

Thank you very much and I am very proud to say that regardless I am a Future Sailor!
Mavyboy is offline   Reply With Quote