View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 11:17 AM   #53
Jdubbs

Jdubbs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustini View Post
The point of meeting the detailer wasn't to "line" anything up from that point of view, its more to see what kinds of opportunities a Reserve CTN might have in the years to come, especially a new one plus answer any questions I might have.

I didn't elaborate clearly. Since I'm a Reserve, I do want something lined up be it military side or civilian side, I won't be picky but not being active duty I don't want to risk not having something full time when I'm done with training. I'm still learning how this works and I have a decent network pool to tap into in the DC/NOVA area to connect me with people for advice, not necessarily jobs.

A couple Reserve people (not CTNs ) I've spoken too, (also my recruiter) all claim I can begin applying to civilian jobs when I'm in A school since the process takes time and I can say I finally have a clearance, etc. That's why I want to have a chat with a detailer to see what options someone like me could potentially have. I don't like the idea of waiting until the end of A school to get my ducks in a row. That's just not me.

So towards the end of JCAC alot of your networking youll be able to do is with the instructors. Who are all ex military civilians working through contractors. If you show an extra aptitude in the course they are teaching.. or show extra interest in them.. you may get lined up with a meeting with one of the contracting companies that teach JCAC. I know all the reservists in my class all got jobs right out of JCAC working with those same contract companies. But wait till you get further on in the mods before you start trying to do that... there is more than a solid chance you will gt rolled back at least once. In a class of 18 only 8 finished in my class
Jdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote