View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 12:13 PM   #37
hustini

hustini is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
There's more than one person at NPC doing CTN detailing lol Also talking to your detailer isn't a huge thing; they have their desk phone numbers posted on the NPC site and their direct emails are in the GAL. It's pretty easy to get in touch with them if you need to.

However, it's considered very unorthodox and borderline unprofessional for a first tour sailor to be circumventing the process and trying to have something "lined up". There is only a handful of spots you're even eligible for as a 1st tour sailor anyway, so the hook-up value there is pretty low to begin with. If they need your input then they will ask for it in most cases.

Just some words of wisdom. I would tread lightly there as a screw up in front of the wrong people in the wrong places can follow you for years to come.

/r
CTT1

PS: CTN3 pretty much summed up the process. Your CoC should be helping you out with the billet application process though. It's easier than it seems and there's ways to work the system if need be.
The point of meeting the detailer wasn't to "line" anything up from that point of view, its more to see what kinds of opportunities a Reserve CTN might have in the years to come, especially a new one plus answer any questions I might have.

I didn't elaborate clearly. Since I'm a Reserve, I do want something lined up be it military side or civilian side, I won't be picky but not being active duty I don't want to risk not having something full time when I'm done with training. I'm still learning how this works and I have a decent network pool to tap into in the DC/NOVA area to connect me with people for advice, not necessarily jobs.

A couple Reserve people (not CTNs ) I've spoken too, (also my recruiter) all claim I can begin applying to civilian jobs when I'm in A school since the process takes time and I can say I finally have a clearance, etc. That's why I want to have a chat with a detailer to see what options someone like me could potentially have. I don't like the idea of waiting until the end of A school to get my ducks in a row. That's just not me.
hustini is offline   Reply With Quote