View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 08:51 PM   #36
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustini View Post
Interesting.

I know a guy that works at a 3 letter agency that knows the Detailer for all Navy CTN's. He is going to try and arrange a meeting/connection between himself and me so hopefully that works out and I can start doing some networking ahead of time. I don't like the sound of not having something lined up by the time I'm finished with A school.
There's more than one person at NPC doing CTN detailing lol Also talking to your detailer isn't a huge thing; they have their desk phone numbers posted on the NPC site and their direct emails are in the GAL. It's pretty easy to get in touch with them if you need to.

However, it's considered very unorthodox and borderline unprofessional for a first tour sailor to be circumventing the process and trying to have something "lined up". There is only a handful of spots you're even eligible for as a 1st tour sailor anyway, so the hook-up value there is pretty low to begin with. If they need your input then they will ask for it in most cases.

Just some words of wisdom. I would tread lightly there as a screw up in front of the wrong people in the wrong places can follow you for years to come.

/r
CTT1

PS: CTN3 pretty much summed up the process. Your CoC should be helping you out with the billet application process though. It's easier than it seems and there's ways to work the system if need be.