View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 08:37 PM   #30
hustini

hustini is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
Not reallllly for N-branchers. But don't sweat that, you're going to get sent to all kinds of training anyway. Most of those classes aren't formal Navy schools though, hence why you don't get a C-school. You'll typically get TDY (Temporary Duty) orders to a different things they need to send you for based on what you're doing.

Not all CTNs do the same things; in some cases they can be dramatically different. So before they send you to any extra schools they need to see where you're gonna land at you duty station first. Once you get there you'll understand why that's the case.

Couldn't remember if you were a reservist or not. That would change things a bit, since you would have to push your command to go do some schools, probably during your AT. But that doesn't mean you can't do them; you still totally can. We qualified reservists on different things all the time.

/r
CTT1
I'm also a Reservist CTN and ship out in September. I checked my contract and its as he said, C' School is optional/may be required but not actually official like A' School is.

I really hope I can opt into further training as often as I can but I'm not entirely sure how that works: If I wish to get specific training, what may or may not prevent me from getting that additional training that is relevant to CTN as a reservist?
hustini is offline   Reply With Quote