View Single Post
Old 04-23-2016, 08:15 AM   #12
hustini

hustini is on a distinguished road

I'm in a similar situation as Barbazu. 33y/o joining the Reserve as a CTN. Just completed my Master's in Cyber this week and obviously already have a B.A. Decided to get a M.A. in Cyber to do a career change. I don't have a TS or any IT experience or any Certs yet so I figured now would be a perfect time to serve and have those taken care of in a career I see myself doing well in (and trying to get into).

So I'm doing a delayed entry...I am also going to put together an officer application to see if I even get selected. My question now is, if by some select chance I do get picked up for OCS, do I still get that technical training (A & C school) that I would as a CTN? I was also told (by my recruiter of course) that it's also possible that if you do well in A/C school you can begin putting together and officer package. Is that true?

Keep in mind my age, which I know is running out for officer, I guess I'm wondering how many chances I have? Also, would I get that same technical training to make myself more marketable in the civilian side as an officer as I would enlisted?
hustini is offline   Reply With Quote