View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 03:15 PM   #5
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbazu View Post
Will there be many opportunities for me to travel? I know it's probable that I will be mobilized at least once in my enlistment, but from what I understand, I will most likely stay stateside.
Mob's (Mobilizations/Pronounced like Mobe) aren't terribly common for reserve CTNs, although you certainly can try to take long term orders somewhere.

CTNs unfortunately travel the least maybe out of any group in the Navy. Due to the fact that the things you need to do your job are only located here at home. There are also a few other complicated reasons I can't get into as to why CTNs don't travel, but suffice to say that you guys work out of NIOCs for a good reason and sending you abroad just wouldn't make sense.

Active duty CTNs have some limited options to escape stateside, but it's usually senior people and for limited durations. (Outside of something like TIO).

***A little background on me: I was the LPO of a CTN division doing cyber work for the last couple years. It's a little rare for a CTT to be doing that work but I had a unique skill set and was in the right place at the right time. I worked closely with both active duty and reserve CTNs.***