View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 12:40 AM   #4
Devereux
**Active Duty**

Devereux will become famous soon enough

I had a great experience and met alot of cool people. My RDC's were hilarious (yet annoying at some points) however I really enjoyed the whole boot camp experience. The structure was great to get used to. I'm now at Meridian, Miss. A-School for AZ.

For the few questions...

The oldest person in my division was 29. But I was a summer division, and they usually have alot of younger kids because the highschool year just ended. I don't remember hearing anyone over 34 during my time at RTC.

PT was boring. You do it about 5-6 times a week, not including IT's. It only lasts an hour and 20 minutes of it is basically warming up and cooling down exercises. If you can legit do proper pushups and situps, boot camp is going to be such an easy experience for you. Don't be that guy who can't do 10 because they'll get pretty pissed. However, PT was really easy and nothing to stress over.

Confidence Chamber was fun. You learn how to go "on air" and "off air" and to properly put your mask on with a seal. At the time, we were all a little sick and stuffy, and it totally ripped all of it out and gave me a clean nose. They usually have people walking down a line and you shout out (to the best of your ability) your rank and division number. Then you walk out. I teared up a bit and coughed for about 2-3 mins, while my sinuses were clearing. Then you walk back out and you laugh about everything with your division who already went before you. It was a good bonding experience... We all wanted to do it again.

Would love to answer any more questions, just drop one!
Devereux is offline   Reply With Quote