View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 11:29 PM   #8
Lurch

Lurch is on a distinguished road

So if I said I am on a carrier in Everett it would take 2 clicks of Google to find out what it is....now if I were on deployment like i was 5 months ago and stuck out there in the 120 degrees of hell on earth (undisclosed location)...then it would be different...but CNN took care of that one for us....

Okay, my RCPO,....I was RPOC the whole push....my challenges, honestly, at first it was being used to the whole concept of knowing what everyone is having to do at certain times a day...myself, my "Aroc" and my section leaders worked together, so...it was up to me to make sure the division was where we needed to be...on time, every evolution it was my responsibility to make sure we were ready..in the right uniform (which changes all the time) had all we needed, knew the traffic patterns (know these like none other as you have certain marching commands you can only use on certain side walks)....the RDC's really weren't on my case as much as they were the guys without responsibility who continuously messed up....like no kidding, they called me in the office COUNTLESS times and had me speak on behalf of if we should keep X sailor or ASMO him based on my judgement of how he effects the environment of the division..that is the trust the RDC's had in me...and if you can get to that point, your doing it right....but they seen I had a desire to lead so they chose me...don't "aspire to be RCPO" RCPO will find you...just like it found me...i was the guy wanting to hide in the corner. which is what I did until..well i got called into the office in Pdays and told "hey your in charge, now get the heck out of my office recruit" That was my experience. If you do happen to become RCPO. DO NOT ABUSE IT. I never once raised my voice to my guys, and when I did, they knew i meant business. I had alot of "in house rules" when it came to the division, and in the end, it made us stronger...I got to know my guys on a personal level...I wanted to learn all about them, what they were strong at, weak at, what they could and could not handle. I wanted to know who were my guys to go to for boots, pt advice, study gurus, anything and everything to keep the RDC's out of the space and in their office And it worked, in the end, I had myself 75 brothers who I still talk to to this very day...and even though I am IT2 now, and half of them are still SN, FN, or AN, they still remember me as RCPO, but they (RDC's) seen we could work as a team and they stayed off my case...it was more along the lines of they would turn on the lights, come in....RPOC take charge, and they would let me drive the bus. Which is what I did. I apologize for my lack of punctuation, just worked a 16 hour day.......in port....and gotta be back at work at 04, little tired but part of it. So, anyone has anything else, or if I didnt answer your question, feel free.
Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote