View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 02:12 AM   #10
IdeaGuy

IdeaGuy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
If you're talking about IT's in the Navy, as in the rate, they aren't going to be doing much coding.

Your best bet for that would be CTN. And if you were to head that route I would say have a good understanding of a few high and low level languages, especially anything based in C.

/r
CTT1
I was wondering about that actually. And I tried to get into the Information Dominance Core as an IT. But they rejected me because I have some debt. I think I told them I am a software engineer, but they didn't seem to care. I've studied their publicly available client side code (*.navy.mil, navy.com) via ctrl-shift-i and ctrl-u in chrome, and can build everything I've seen. But oh well.

So I went into the AECF instead. I saw that there is a "computer programming" apprenticeship. Do you know how those work?

I've studied C/C++/Java/VisualBasic/Python in College, but it's been years since I've used them as these strongly typed oop languages (except C) tend to require more lines of code to solve the same problems JavaScript can solve in twice as less code.
IdeaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote