Thread: Really Nervous
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 08:51 PM   #7
Barbazu

Barbazu is on a distinguished road

I graduated boot camp in July so this stuff is still fresh on my mind. The apps and programs everyone suggested are the perfect place to start. But as was mentioned... you'll surprise yourself when the pressure is on. The best advice I can give you is to learn to work through the pain. That's the trick. Of course, don't blow out a knee or something. But when it comes to running most of it is a head issue. You start thinking, "Man, this sucks..." and you can psych yourself out. Running really is mind over matter. It's a competition between your brain and your body. Push ups and sit ups are a little different. You'll get to a point where your muscles just won't lift you anymore. My suggestion is to do the Couch to 5K app and the push-ups/sit-ups apps every chance you get. Honestly, I felt like I got worse while I was in boot camp. You don't get many chances to run and most of your push-ups and sit-ups are going to be when your RDCs are beating the life out of you for messing up. So don't rely on boot camp to get you in shape. Eat a balanced diet, run, do push-ups and sit-ups, and when you get there give it your all. Make the decision right now that you're not going to be the guy or gal that can't do a single push-up. We had a nuke in my division that literally never did a single push-up or sit-up. And I thought he was going to die when we ran. Don't be that guy. He spend 8 weeks in hell then gave up and went home. It's a shame to see that happen. Everyone here is cheering you on!! Good luck!
Barbazu is offline   Reply With Quote