View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 09:37 PM   #7
Tavak

Tavak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattd2414 View Post
What was a-school like? What is your nec and what was your c-school like? What is your daily life like as an et/fc? And my last question, my contract says I am fts and I dont fully understand that so if you can please explain it that would be nice but I read online that fc is not available for fts does that mean I will be an et?
I absolutely loved A school once I started learning how to troubleshoot the actual equipment, even though its outdated in the comms mods. I'm an ET so I only speak on that school. The first 6 weeks is called "non-equips", meaning its just general information you need to know but you wont actually see a Radar or anything. It's computer based training backed with a lecture from an instructor to answer any questions. After that you learn how to troubleshoot comms gear, then radar gear, then you're an ET. The comms and radar mods took about 7 weeks each.

As far as orders go you pick them like 2-4 weeks before you graduate. You'll get a list and you choose in order of your GPA. Your NEC is chosen for you, all you choose in the location you want and the ship. The FCs pick by location, ship, AND NEC but that's because they are usually on hold for a long time after finishing A school so they pick in groups of 80-100. ETs will pick with their class and possibly with the class ahead of or behind yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4Kixs View Post
Are AECF ATT still 9-11 weeks and is FC/ET A-school still 31/42 weeks? That's a long A-school, seems longer than some nuclear guys.
For ETs ATT is 11 weeks and for FCs its 10 weeks. The amount of time your in Great Lakes in total after boot camp in school is about 40 but that's not the A school by itself. The ET A school is 20 weeks long and the FC is 14 or 15 weeks.

I graduated boot camp on June 6th of last year and graduated A school on February 13th of this year. That's almost 40 weeks not including holiday stand down and the first week of indoc.
Tavak is offline   Reply With Quote