View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 03:03 PM   #20
Barbazu

Barbazu is on a distinguished road

As I mentioned previously, some people that I felt would never make it through JCAC were amazing at it. And some, including myself, that I thought would breeze through it got dropped. There's no formula for knowing if you'll make it. And it's not that the material is that difficult. It's that it is so fast paced that it's easy to get left behind. That's what happened with me. I believe I could have made it through, but I failed one test and the class kept going. So I was learning new material and trying to get an understanding of the material I failed at the same time. It was too much. Before I knew it I was cleaning toilets and getting shipped to another school.

As CTN2 said, you get study guides that you can take home with you to study. I still have mine. I didn't make it far enough to get into the classified stuff, but from what I understand 99% of what you learn is not classified. You'll be briefed on some sensitive stuff, but that's really to just get you excited about the job more than it contributes to your learning.

If you choose CTN, the best advice I can give you is to start learning to think like a computer. Logic and discrete mathematics are your friend. Also, when you get to Corry Station, don't get caught up in the hoopla of having a good time in Pensacola while you're in holding waiting on your clearance. Work, exercise, and rest. JCAC will hit you like a freight train from the very beginning. If you're accustomed to "having a good time" in Pensacola then you'll be sorely disappointed when all that ends on the first day of class. Your time will spent at school, studying in your room, and standing watch. If you try to do anything other than that you'll likely fail.
Barbazu is offline   Reply With Quote