View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 06:44 PM   #376
bwall0430

bwall0430 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
I'm assuming you're asking about the FE track, and not the FTS route.

I'm not an FE myself so I can't speak to everything for them, but they do work long hours and are pretty involved with maintenance; much more so than the rest of us. That being said though, you're flying a lot more you're in the cockpit 90% of the time, and you get a great rapport with your pilots.

Since P-3s and my beloved EP-3 are destined to go away, most FEs that aren't in the community already can most likely expect to head to platforms like the C2 and I also think they might be taking a few people down at Tinker AFB for the E-6B. Additionally, AWFs that aren't FEs will serve as Loadmasters in VR squadrons.

Either way, you're flying. And flying is pretty dope.

Fly Navy!

/r
CTT1

*EDIT*
Just took a look at the AWF community sheet; it indeed looks like most of their new folks are headed for E-6B and C-2 platforms.
Thank you so much for the reply, not a whole lot of info on these two rates that's available haha. How about the dry AWS side? I understand you're flying on 53's and only out in Norfolk. What exactly do they do? Also, aren't the c-2's getting phased out? That's what we were told at least
bwall0430 is offline   Reply With Quote