Thread: 2015 IT's
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 04:16 AM   #21
ShotOfWSC
**Active Duty**

ShotOfWSC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS LANE View Post
Just got depped in on 20150513 as an IT ATF. I see a lot of talk about IT being primarily subs. Is this true or is it just a common misconception. Also I have no clue what the ATF on my rate means, other than the fact i signed up for 6 years as opposed to 4. Also my ship date is 4 days before christmas, my recruiter told me that i would likely be pushed to after new years but the officer at MEPS told me i would more likely be pushed to the 17th of dec. Any sort of information helps.

ShipDate 20151221
IT is not primarily subs...that's ITS. So yes, that is a misconception. ITS are the ITs dedicated to subs. The difference between IT and ITS is the same as the difference between STG and STS. The ATF (Advanced Technical Field), just means that you signed for 24 month extension, and as a bonus the Navy gives you extra training (C school) and automatic E4 upon completion of A school (assuming you have TIR). As far as the whole ship date thing, it just depends on how they are running things...it really could go either way though. It's just however they want to run things and what's convenient to the scheduling for them.

IT2 (Select)
ShotOfWSC is offline   Reply With Quote