View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 12:53 AM   #16
JakePDT

JakePDT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGuard07 View Post
I talked to the MC1 in my class and he said it doesn't take long at all to get out of phase one and phase two. But there is still a limit on how far out you can go. Of course you could go but like you said if you get caught the consequences would be terrible. Put on restriction and half months pay probably taken away.
Thanks for the insight! I am not prepared to risk my career for a wedding but, asking through my chain of command can't hurt, right? Do you think it'd be best to ask when I get there (to DINFOS) or wait 'til the date gets closer?

Also, I guess this is a practical/personal question but, let's say I do get approved/allowed to use leave days to attend the wedding. I've been warned against traveling in uniform (and I won't) but, I doubt I'll have time to stop at my folks' place & get a suit & tie. Since dress whites/blues would be the "classiest" thing I'd have, does anyone think that it'd be uncouth to bring it with me, change there & attend the ceremony/reception in that? I'd be worried about attracting too much attention at the wedding. I'm probably going too deep into the issue & am having more doubts that I'll even be able to go in the first place...

J.
JakePDT is offline   Reply With Quote