View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 10:54 PM   #14
JakePDT

JakePDT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
I have heard of this incident before. Actually, I think it was from a Navy trivia quiz I took for fun online. The question was regarding the flight number as some "omen," if I remember correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agrias View Post
You'll still stick out like a sore thumb, and it screams booter. Nobody wants that.
Understood. I remember kids in college wearing their fraternity's Greek letters all the time once they "got in" and they stuck out as new initiates very quickly. One could draw parallels...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGuard07 View Post
It's called NSU. I have a MC1 that is cross rating into a CTR that's in my class right now. I can ask him how the phase policies were 5 years ago at the MC a school. Stuff changes but it might be similar still.

And at Corry, we can route overnight Liberty chits for the weekend all the time in phase two. Phase three is when we can stay out without asking. There is also the possibility that you might be only able to travel a certain mileage away from your school. Ours is 150 miles away, so if this wedding isn't close to the base, then you more then likely will not be able to go regardless of what phase you are on.
I asked a friend of mine, who's currently an O-3 at Camp Pendelton & he didn't have much insight except that I probably won't be allowed to leave the state. If that's the case, I'd imagine that the penalties for traveling from MD to CT would be astronomical if caught.
JakePDT is offline   Reply With Quote