Thread: Seal?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 05:44 PM   #13
theo

theo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS1 View Post
Thankyou Theo and Guppy, I won't take scuba now. My 1st pst is on wednesday, I do breastsroke 500 yds in 8:15, 55 pushup, 60 situp, 10 pullup, 10:30 run so my scores are good.

My recruiter says my swim time could give me a SEAL contract. I want lose 18 pounds and then I am even better at pst!
Swim time is good. Most mentors dont let SO hopefuls do breaststroke though, generally were required to do css.

Your push ups are 5 above minimum.
Your sit ups are 10 above minimum.
Your pull ups are 2 below minimum.

Your run time is a fail.

And unless you have practiced to the same standards as you will be proctored to and witch each activity back to back like it will be on test day, subtract a few reps from each.

If your district has an auto qual option you may get a contract if you pass all the minimums and have a combined run and swim time of Less than 18:00, but AQ is rare and you will most likely need to draft.

For the draft minimum scores are as good as fails. The top scores get picked up. The rest continue to draft until they're either competitive or ship out on their dep'd in rate.

Do more research. BUD/S isnt about passing minimums and surviving. BUD/S is about performance. Performance ensures your survival.

Dont get the wrong message, just being upfront with you.
If your running a 10+ mile on a nice track after a good night sleep, how are you going to do on a 4 mile timed run in boots and sand after shit sleep and a day of strenuous work?
theo is offline   Reply With Quote