View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 12:21 PM   #377
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwall0430 View Post
Thank you so much for the reply, not a whole lot of info on these two rates that's available haha. How about the dry AWS side? I understand you're flying on 53's and only out in Norfolk. What exactly do they do? Also, aren't the c-2's getting phased out? That's what we were told at least
C-2s are planning on getting phased out for V-22s. The Navy is buying about 4 a year and they're looking at making the full transition around 2021. Personally I think transferring the COD mission to V-22 is insanely dumb, so I'd expect they're going to run into plenty of issues along the way that might delay that timeline. So yes it's in the works, but it's not happening for a while.

53's I can't really speak to that much since I've never worked with them. I know they do a ton of mine clearing work though.

/r
CTT1