View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 05:40 PM   #16
ADbait09

ADbait09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNADrs View Post
I'll give an update on my career as an AD. I am stationed at MCAS Miramar with VMFAT-101 Sharpshooters. Yes,I am Navy at a Marine command. Being Navy at a Marine command was hard to deal with at first. Because almost every Marine wants everything done their way...even LCPL's! What I do at 101...PMU/PON6,PITS, and shadow PC's.PMU/PON6 is the "bitch" work. It is where you service the jets during pre-flight operations and once they are back from their mission. You carry around a 40lb container either filled with hyd-fluid or engine oil. It's tough at first and you will be drained. You have to learn the MSP codes of the jet. You only need to worry about 980-984. PITS is where you hot-fuel a jet. That means you taxi a jet into the fueling lane and fuel it with both engines running. There are a TON of quals I am working on...Brake Rider,NAN Cart,Tug,Huffer,NC-10, and the 108. Along with all of that I am also working on getting my PC and my wings. It's a tough job being a new AD at a command but I love it. Everyday I am working on jets. If you have an questions message me!
yea that sounds pretty rough
ADbait09 is offline   Reply With Quote