View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 10:34 AM   #36
torresus

torresus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhaun View Post
All ATF contracts regardless of rate guarantee immediate advancement to E2 (not E3) after graduation, I was always told that it was measured from when your orders are stamped to go to A school (which would happen the same day). She will not wear any rank for the graduation ceremony because she isn't eligible yet.

She will receive E4 after graduation from A school provided she has the TIR, has completed POSLC and is within standards on her PRTs.

People who do not have ATF may not know how it works, even if they've been in the Navy for a while. If you want all of the details, read the instruction.

Thank you for the quick response and feedback. I’ve read 1510-030 and considering my daughter enlisted on 05/01/2017 as an E1, graduates RTC on 06/30/2017, and is going to IT/ATF A/C-school which is approximately 8 months, is this correct?
  • 06/30/2017 – Graduation from RTC and begin A/C-school. Automatic promotion to E2.
  • 03/01/2018 – Graduation from A/C-school. Remain E2 because she doesn’t meet TIR (9 months as E2).
  • 04/01/2018 – Promotion to E3 (TIR 9 months as E2)
  • 10/01/2018 – Promotion to E4 (TIR 6 months as E3)

So, from what I’ve read, she won’t be able to wear E4 for almost 7 months after she graduates C-school. Is that correct?
torresus is offline   Reply With Quote