View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #8
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

OK...I talked to my son, he said he bought his truck in A school but AFTER phase 3 was done...that is when you are allowed to FINALLY wear some civies and stay off base all weekend. One thing to remember, you cant go over 200 miles away from the base unless you have a "Leave Chit". Now if you are married, you will live in base housing and he cant figure how they could even tell or regulate those who may try and drive...but in most cases he says unless the rules have changed (it was several years ago) that you can drive once you get past phase 3 in A school to have a vehicle and drive....OH, and on a lighter not, he said the bums in South Carolina will do anything for cash! My son would go to one club/resturant and park in a dirt lot and pay the same bum $20 to watch his truck...one time he came back early and the bum was actually standing guard with a baseball bat, his truck was never messed with while that bum stood guard!

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote