View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 10:18 PM   #11
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbazu View Post
I did my interview today. It took 2.5 hours, but wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. However, she said this was a Tier 3 clearance. I have no idea what that means. She said they wouldn't interview my references for a while. She did say that she saw no reason that I would have any problems getting the clearance I need for a school. Any idea what all that means? Haha
Tier 3 covers anyone needing TS, DOE "Q", or SCI access.

It covers all the general stuff involved in 1 and 2 (automated records checks, verifying shit like your birthday, etc), as well as checking records on your family (citizenship, criminal records, etc), local law enforcement checks, a face to face interview with the applicant, stuff like that.

None of this stuff you're gonna ever need to know unless you do some SSO work (which I did).
Really as long as they didn't bring up anything they thought was disqualifying (they would have told you if they did) then you should be fine and have nothing to worry about.

As with any clearance investigation I always tell everyone, always be 100% honest. Though that should be a given if you're getting into this career field.

/r
CTT1