View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 02:15 PM   #10
contigo26

contigo26 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscott1 View Post
I believe you are stuck with the contract, at least for years once you since at the last time at meps.
It's hard to say for a recommendation, I chose 6 years, because I knew that 6 years were an requirement for CTN, CTN is what I really want to do. So, the closest that was open was IT. I will either cross train into IT, or get my Dar approved, as soon as I ask my recruiter to submit it monday. I am unknown to what the limits of a System admin can and cannot do though. And apparently because there is 3 fields of IT, it depends on how well you do in A school and possibly what is open for the IT(which means I might not be doing System admin), that determines which sector of IT you go. At least it's how I see it. I could be wrong.
Oh cool thanks. I am going to take my MEPS sometime at the end of the month and hope to go to the IT rate. CTN i've heard is a little harder or is there a difference? I'm interested in networking and i know IT had it and also CTN so not sure how much difference you learn? Also i hard for CTN's you get stationed in US compared to IT which could be anywhere? is that true?
contigo26 is offline   Reply With Quote