View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #14
navycatmc

navycatmc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakePDT View Post
Hey, sorry for the delay; I've been busy at work. To make a long(ish) story short: I went to UHA (West Hartford, CT) for Journalism (got an AA) & then went to culinary school (got an AS) and have been cooking professionally in Manhattan for the past 5 or so years. I had always wanted to join the Navy, as my maternal grandfather was a CTI (Hon Dis at PO3) & was fascinated by his "loose lips sink ships" and "I take these secrets with me to the grave" mentality. I want to get back into creative writing because I loved it when I was at school. So, when the Chief laid out 5 different contracts for 5 different available rates in front of me, I thought that taking the MC packet was a bit of a calling. I'm looking forward to writing for the world's finest Navy.

J.
No joke, everything that happened to me since I've started this Navy journey has all felt like a calling. I didn't even know that MC was a rate and was gunning for Corpsman, but as soon as the person giving me my job said he found something I would like, I was nervous, yet excited. I read it and was like "WHEN DO I LEAVE?" Haha, I ship out a month before you, be sure to keep in touch!

"To live will be an awfully big adventure." -Peter Pan
navycatmc is offline   Reply With Quote