View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 04:32 AM   #12
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakePDT View Post
Hey, sorry for the delay; I've been busy at work. To make a long(ish) story short: I went to UHA (West Hartford, CT) for Journalism (got an AA) & then went to culinary school (got an AS) and have been cooking professionally in Manhattan for the past 5 or so years. I had always wanted to join the Navy, as my maternal grandfather was a CTI (Hon Dis at PO3) & was fascinated by his "loose lips sink ships" and "I take these secrets with me to the grave" mentality. I want to get back into creative writing because I loved it when I was at school. So, when the Chief laid out 5 different contracts for 5 different available rates in front of me, I thought that taking the MC packet was a bit of a calling. I'm looking forward to writing for the world's finest Navy.

J.
Since the ratings merged a couple years ago (there used to be Journalist, Photographers Mate, and Draftsman) your job will be less specialized. So you will get plenty of opportunities to write, you will also learn photography, video editing, and graphic design.

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote