Thread: AIRR ?'s
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #23
bhr07

bhr07 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebee View Post
I read a previous post and understand that I won't be able to volunteer for Aircrew at boot camp (I ship on April 3). My recruiter looked at AW jobs and they are overmanned until the end of the fiscal year.
Being a female, what do you think the chances are for me to reclassify as an aircrew later, perhaps during the next fiscal year?
My 500 swimm is a 6.30 (without really trying), I run an 8 min. mile. I just don't want to wait until the new fiscal year to go.
I would say try out for AIRR, but you ship in a week or so. I don't know much about reclassification, but I've read you can only do that now 15 or something months prior to your EAOS, but then again, I've heard others say after two years so I don't really know for sure. Also, it's never guaranteed either if you can cross-rate. It depends on quite a few factors if one wants to convert into another rate as in the rate you want to go into needs to be undermanned and the rate you're in now needs to be overmanned or something like that. Other qualifications would be being a PO1 or below, no NJP's within 18 months, and you need to be recommended by the CO.

Your times are very competitive for swim and run though, insanely jealous. I got picked up for AIRR and my times for those two weren't that good either.
bhr07 is offline   Reply With Quote