Thread: AIRR ?'s
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
Kristen

Kristen is on a distinguished road

You are going to need to be working out and training way more than 40 minutes a day to prepare for RSS; atleast that's what im doing but Hassino would know much more than i do. I can tell you bascially what i do in a week for workouts if that helps. He is right about not being able to volunteer im bootcamp. You have to talk to your recruiter and tell him you want to be a Rescue Swimmer and he will call the local specwar coordinator to schedule you a PST. You must also get paperwork from MEPS that allows you to be qualified to take the PST. Once you pass the minimum requirements in the swim, push, pull, sit, and run then he will enter you in the draft where you will hopefully be picked up and given a contract. Your scores must be competitive though, you are competiting against many others who want that contract too.
"It takes a little courage, and a little self-control. And some grim determination, If you want to reach the goal. It takes a great deal of striving, and a firm and stern-set chin. No matter what the battle, if you really want to win, there's no easy path to glory. There is no road to fame. Life, however we may view it, Is no simple parlor game; But its prizes call for fighting, For endurance and for grit; For a rugged disposition that will not quit."
Navy SEAL Masterchief
Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote