View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #6
H1PH0PEL3M3NT5

H1PH0PEL3M3NT5 is on a distinguished road

Hey bronxCTM, I'm currently in IT 'C' school. I wish I could tell you more about the CTM rating. I had a few people that I knew here that were CTMs. I don't really know what they did or learned about 'cause CTs never brought any notes or anything out of the compounds. ITs work with computers and networking and work in RADIO and handle communication equipment and other things, depending on where they need you. I believe CTMs work with strictly computer-based equipment and just do maintenance and troubleshooting and installation of hardware and software and stuff. Don't quote me on that, but that's all I really know. All the CT rates come here to Pensacola, Florida for 'A' and 'C' school, except for CTIs, I believe. Have you tried to put in a request to get the rate you want? I was told you could do that, if it's really what you wanted. You might have to wait a bit and when you do get it, your ship date might get pushed back. I was pushing for AECF and since I couldn't get it, I went with my second option, which was IT. I signed the contract as a 6Y IT. I went back to my station and my recruiter said that if AECF was really what I wanted, he could put in a request to get AECF the moment it was available, but that it would push my ship date back. I didn't wanna wait any longer, so I went with IT and I'm glad I did. I love it! I got a month and a half before I graduate and finally leave this place. Can't wait. Been here since October. O_O But yeah, hopefully I helped you out. It wasn't much or anything at all, but yeah. Lol.
H1PH0PEL3M3NT5 is offline   Reply With Quote