View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #93
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Auridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gienass View Post
Nothing to hide, i just like to be educated, i'm really serious about career in the NAVY and i want to be fully prepared, i'm taking ASVAB on thursday and then should get scheduled for MEPS.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a spot at MEPS and then average Leave for BootCamp, i'm soo excited, just worried that they will find something that will disqualify me. I guess i just worry too much.
Your MEPS date depends entirely on your recruiter's willingness to bust his own ass, your persistence in reminding him to do so, and how many other people in your area are in the pipeline with you. I got MEPS done 11 days after the ASVAB, and that was after a delay because the MEPS was trading at heavy volume at the time.

As for your ship date, that likewise depends on your rating and how crowded it is. When you sign your contract, they're scheduling you for boot camp and your rating's required schools all at once, and locking in that amount of time means a bit of a wait beforehand. Expect a couple months at least. Some ratings get you moved a lot faster, but make sure you don't pick based on that unless you really want to do THAT job. Good news is this: When you sign your contract and DEP in, you are a member of the Inactive Reserve, and your contract clearly states that if nothing else happens, you WILL be ordered to active duty in 1 year.

Tip: At MEPS, don't make them "find" things to DQ you for...if there's something big lurking in your record, tell them. Disclose everything. They can forgive a lot of things, but you have to offer them up.
Auridan is offline   Reply With Quote