View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 03:55 PM   #20
Amy

Amy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kforbs126 View Post
I can tell you this that the Navy Reserves isn't like the National Guard, Army Reserves or Air NG. Less benefits and really the reservist GI Bill is horrible. The Navy Reserves aren't really used a lot and don't get activated very often. Don't get me wrong they do still use Reservists to deploy but compared to the NG, AR or Air NG who get used or used to get used all the time. They get better benefits. I worked with 3 Reservists who have 30 day AD orders that they continue to get renewed through their commands but money is running out real soon. 2 of them are begging to go AD but the Navy won't even take them. I get out soon and they typically try to get you to sign up for the Reserves yet there are very few spots available. My rate one of the biggest in the Navy, ET, only took 15 last year to go from active to reserve. I said screw it and I'm pretty confident I will get a commission in the Ohio NG after I get out. Good luck hopefully you can work something out with rent.
Wow.I didn't know it's hard to go AD from reserve... and I heard tha the GI Bill for reserve is like only 12,000 fixed--donn't know if it's true... but better than nothing.

Well as the recuit's letter turned out to be a misunderstanding, I'll just pay my cousin in advance as planned--so that I won't end up knocking on some stranger's door when I come back LOL

Thank you for your answer
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote