View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 12:47 PM   #105
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasino View Post
I've mentioned it a few times in other threads, but I personally work with people who have prior criminal records ranging from DUI and teenage shoplifting convictions, to one guy on my crew with a felony receiving stolen property arrest (Plead out as a misdemeanor)... and all have Secret to TS/SCI clearances. It seems to come down to frequency and time since offense. One screw-up in your teens... with several years of productive behavior since... doesn't seem to be a disqualifier when determining clearance eligibility.

I myself have my teenage delinquency blemish... my investigator for my SSBI spent more time asking about my prior advisory work in the movie industry than he did about my record.

I would take that with a grain of salt, Hass.
Keep in mind that by needing a moral waiver, that means this individual would have been ineligible for military service without that waiver. That's something that DONCAF is going to see.

Getting a SECRET clearance might be doable, but in most cases TS//SCI is a much more difficult thing to get when you have a record. Like you said, it does depend on the specific offense, where, and when it was committed. But by all accounts having a police record, especially one requiring a waiver, is not a favorable thing when applying for clearance, let alone when going into the SIGINT realm.

Is it possible, sure. But it all depends on what it was and if DONCAF feels that it shows moral turpitude.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote