View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #19
andylite

andylite is on a distinguished road

how hard was school?
did alot of people fail?
pretty much anything you feel like explaining in detail would be appreciated so much!

Sorry I haven't been back on forever, been busy getting qualified on my position(s).

School is iabout as hard as any school you've had before. Meaning there are hard parts, easy parts, boring parts and parts you wish would never end.

A lot of people fail, but not because school is very hard, they fail because this is the first time in their life they are responsible for their own actions and they don't do well. Many Airmen have a rough time handling having a paycheck and freedom AND needing to do well in school. A caveat, though, some people are not cut out for this rate and find it hard to wrap their heads around certain concepts.

ACs have the longest hours out of any school in Pensacola and we need them. Our job is purely academic and the lessons are long, mostly dry and some are hard to grasp. You'll be in a class of 9-14 people (navy and marine)and if you're an e-3 its a good idea to try to be class leader (if you can keep the job you're likely to get a promotion point). The schoolhouse is run by Marines as well as Navy so familiarization with Marine rank and tradition will help in a small amount. No, one, I repeat, no one is going to curse you out like boot camp, unless you start failing tests or degrading fellow students. If that happens you'll go to a Review board. I've never been in that room but I heard the worst possible noises coming out of it when I walked past.

If you, or anyone, has any specific questions I'll be on here more regularly to answer them.
Go Navy... Smooth sailing.
andylite is offline   Reply With Quote