View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 07:07 AM   #17
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Jody;

First of all, congratulations again to your daughter for deciding to join the World's Finest Navy (and picking a badass rate as well!)

As CTT's we are responsible for a whole range of activities both ashore and afloat. Afloat we work everything from battlespace awareness (ie, find and watch the bad guys before they find us), Anti-Ship Missile Defense (ASMD), and everything that encompasses Electronic Warfare. On the shore duty side we work in national intelligence positions that work to help support Navy and national missions. Where your daughter gets stationed (ship or shore) will mostly just depend on the needs of the Navy at the time she is picking orders.

As far as certain ships, pretty much every combat ship in the fleet has CTTs onboard. DDGs, CGs, LHD, CVN, you name it and we're probably there in some form or fashion. The great thing about that fact is that CTTs have a serious opportunity to see the world due to the fact we can go almost anywhere the Navy can take you.

Another thing you should keep in mind however is the highly classified nature of our work. Your daughter won't be able to discuss what she does on a daily basis, where she might be going during deployments, or what shes learning about in class. But even without all the specifics, she'll still be able to share most of her Navy career with you, so don't worry. Just be mindful of what you're putting out there on facebook or social media about where and what your daughter is doing. The old saying "Loose lips sink ships" is just as true today than it ever was. Now that your daughter is entering the military and the intelligence community, it becomes a whole family effort to maintain OPSEC (Operational Security/Do some google searches on that one).

Hope that helps some! Let me know if you have further questions. I'll try to go deeper into detain on specifics if I can (obviously just the unclassified stuff)

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote