Thread: Ask A Seabee
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 10:24 PM   #16
Veazey76

Veazey76 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureND View Post
Yes, the Seabees have been overmanned for quite a while now, but they are starting to love in the right direction as far as manning levels. As of now it looks like the best rates to try and get into would be Alfa types, CM and EO. This last cycle showed advancement opportunity was way better than usual as we were petty comparable to Navy wide averages. One thing to remember is that no matter how overmanned a rating is, they still bring in new people. There will always be a need for new recruits, though it is harder to get into with higher manning levels. The Seabee community is a great one, I wouldn't change what I do for anything. Good luck man and if you have anything else let me know.
Thank you man so much! It would be so unreal and honorable to become a Seabee! Hopefully a seabee rate opens up for my DEP Action Request. One of our recruiters in the office is a Seabee and he is going to be retiring at the end of the year. He told me stuff about Seabees including stories and stuff because he knew I wanted to be a Seabee since the first day I came in. He got assigned to South Africa for a tour and also was sent to Afghanistan and was assigned to a SEAL Team as he told me. Not sure how true that is but I believe and even if its not true I still wanna be a Seabee. Most badass rate in the Navy besides SEALS.

Quote:
"And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worth while, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction,"I served in The United States Navy." -JFK
Veazey76 is offline   Reply With Quote