View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 09:34 AM   #5
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

Most of the time people get put in 2347 or 2444 for failing their 3rd PFA, but there's a few exceptions - I spend a weekend as 2347 since I was originally 2341 (broken) and then got FFD and didn't count as 2341 anymore, even though I had actually passed my 2nd PFA.

The separation is because 2347 are actively trying to pass their PFA - they generally run 3 times a week unless they're on chit for something minor like a cold. 2444 are doing FEP - specialized exercises to help them get closer to the time they need to pass.

Generally if you fail your 3rd PFA, you'll stay in your compartment and try again until the day of Battlestations, when you get sent to 2347/2444. Once there, you get 10 chances to pass. After 5 you go see the Chief, then at 8 you go to the Ship's LCPO. The 10th run is called the CO's Last Chance. If you fail the 10th run, you get separated and sent over to Ship 5.

All of this information is accurate as of about a year ago - I was in RCU/FIT from January to March of last year.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote