View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 01:47 PM   #10
Nicknyte
**Active Duty**

Nicknyte is a name known to allNicknyte is a name known to allNicknyte is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd91 View Post
Dude you rock. My wife wants to know what on base amenities are like, swiming pool gym... She also wants to know if there is an on base child day care center. Regarding the pipeline, how long is an avaerage day for you, what are your weekends like study wise free time wise, and finally whats the pt like just outa curiosity
Yes, there is an on base day care, youth center, teen center, and elementary school. There is a Naval Exchange, commissary, movie theater with free movies Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, Swimming pool, tennis courts, off-base gym, and library, and Church. The only thing I think it doesn't have I wish it did was a Navy Federal CU bank on site, but there are 2 ATMs. There is also a Restaurant on the far side of the base as well. We also have another "Mini-Nex" that sells Student supplies, and has a Panda Express/Subway inside. And also an Auto Hobby Shop. And a Bowling Alley, and a Bar and Grill. And another Nex shop for Uniforms...

This place has a lot more stuff than I thought. Lmao.

Average day school day inside the Rickover starts at 0700 and ends at 1520. This may change as we PT during the Morning in the summer months, where I think it goes 0755 to 1615. If you are assigned 15-2 (15 hours a week study, minimum 2 hours a day before a school day(Sun-Thursday)) then expect to have those days to become 9 hour days.

I spend weekends at home, but there is a lot to do around the area, such as going around downtown Charleston, to the Mall, or go fishing right next to the river. River is a 3 minute drive from here. You can go to the beach too.

This kinda ties into my study as well. I may go in tonight to study for a few hours to get ready on a test on monday, but I am currently on Vols (0-0's) so I now currently go in for homework, or if I feel like I need to study. This is one of those weekends.

PT is like such: You exercise 3 times a week. At the beginning of school, you will go to Deck PT, and PT with all the other A school classes doing exercises you will do in bootcamp. Once a week, you will run a 5K. The 5k sucks, but it is not horrible. You just run around the scenic plantation next to the school. I am a big guy, so it takes me a while to do the 5k, but I am sure other guys more fit than I. The main thing to take from it is that you keep a steady pace and don't stop. My jog is the equivalent of most sailors walking speed, but I have seen people faster than me constantly stop to rest, and then get yelled at by chiefs. In A school, you will run a PFA every month, and if you fail, you will be placed on FEP, and will go PT 5 days a week, until you get a Good.

DO NOT GO ON FEP. YOUR MOST VALUBLE RESOURCE HERE AT SCHOOL IS YOUR OWN PERSONAL FREE TIME.

Besides that, In my own personal "married" opinion, it's not that bad here.

NUKE WAIVER SIGNED: 20140904
SHIPDATE: 20150128
GRADUATION: 20150206
ASCHOOL GRADUATION: 20150925

Let me know if you have any questions on the pipeline! -ETN3 Nicknyte
Nicknyte is offline   Reply With Quote