Thread: Aircrew life
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 01:11 PM   #5
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwall0430 View Post
Thanks for the fast reply, this is the exact type of information that I was searching for. I also heard that aircrew travels the most out of all rates, is this true?
I wouldn't say that exactly. Do some Aircrew sailors travel more than non-aircrew sailors? Sure.

But even on a ship, I saw around 30 countries during those 4 years; most aircrew won't get to that number until they're pretty deep into their careers. It really varies honestly by each sailor's personal experience. I got lucky being on an FFG since we didn't deploy with a strike group, so we had the opportunity to port in so many places. A sailor on a Cruiser for example though will most likely be attached to the strike group, and probably won't see as many as I did. So like I said, it really comes down to each persons unique Navy experience.

If travel is important to you though, Aircrew is by no means a bad way to go!

/r
CTT1