View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 06:42 AM   #4
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jody13 View Post
Hi Craig. Your site is awesome. .I love it. It's been really helpful. My daughter leaves Sept 8 for bootcamp. Can u explain what land and sea rotation means. I don't get it. She will be in for 4 years. . Does it mean she will be on a ship for the first 36 months. . Thanks, jody13... She's a ctt. .
Jody,

Sea/Shore rotation is just a tool the Navy uses to make sure we don't have folks on shore duty their entire career. Typically the rotation is 4yrs(sea) and 3yrs(shore). It varies by rate, but that's usually the average.

Your daughter, being a new Sailor, is 90% likely to go to a ship since it's her first tour. She will ride out her enlistment on that ship (or at least a sea-going/deployable command) and when shes up for reenlistment she will be able to take shore duty orders.

In some rare cases Sailors are able to take Shore duty first, but that's usually only if that shore command is in serious need of someone right that second (this is rare). So again, put your money on going to a ship.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote