View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 03:40 PM   #3
Breakdancer/EOD

Breakdancer/EOD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasino View Post
My buddy is a CTT... she was at Corry for a while and parked her car right next to her barracks on base. Having a car in Pensacola will save you a lot of money, since you're looking at ~$40 round-trip if you wanna go to the mall or downtown. I paid to ship my car from San Francisco to Pensacola, and I still came out way ahead with the amount of cab fare I saved after 8 months in Pensacola, and the freedom it gave me to explore the outlying areas. Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure you don't need a liberty buddy at Corry Station. As far as bootcamp goes, you'd need to arrange for some sort of automatic payment and make sure you have enough money to cover the 2 months while you're in Great Lakes. After that, you'll need to consult with the POV policy at Corry, and arrange to have it shipped to you, which will require someone wherever the car is to hand over custody, and then you'll need to make sure you're available to take delivery of the car... the drivers are usually passing through with several cars going to delivery locations down the road... so they get angry if you're not ready to take the car as they pass through town.

On a slightly off-topic note... if EOD doesn't work out for you, but you're looking for something more than just your standard CTT duties, ask your instructors at Corry about the possibility of Aircrew orders... you'll go to Naval Aircrew Candidate School right after Corry, and then end up in VQ-1 up in Whidbey Island flying on the EP-3E Aries II spy planes doing secret squirrel stuff 'n things to the Chinese. I had a CTT1 in my Candidate School class, and my CTT buddy had a classmate pick up Aircrew orders out of A School.
Wow thanks for the info brother! You're from frisco?!? I'm from santa rosa, but currently reside in little rock :/ lol small world
Breakdancer/EOD is offline   Reply With Quote