View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #26
hayley.hester

hayley.hester is on a distinguished road
Default IT ATF

Kennedy,

I highly recommend IT (6Y) ATF, it is great. Automatic e4 once you hit your time in rate, and months after that you can test for e5, I am an e5 with 2 years in and love it. It is much better to make more money and have more authority than being a four year seaman.

C school is in pensacola, you will study administation on the server/network level. you will recieve a total of 6 civilian certifications from microsoft, A+, Sec+, GREAT in the civilian world as well.

Do 6y

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaicyr View Post
Hello all, future sailor Kennedy here. Would like to know as much about my rate as possible. If someone could answer these questions in depth, I'd very much appreciate it.

1) Any difference at all, job wise, between IT's and IT ATF's? I know I'll go to "C" school, but what purpose does that serve me? Big advantage there?

2) I am enlisting as an E-3, will this mean I will be automatic E-4 out of "C" school?

3) Where is "C" school?

4) Did I choose well in signing the 6 yr contract? Do IT people generally like their rate? I feel confident I'll appreciate it, but I can only speculate.

Thanks guys.
hayley.hester is offline   Reply With Quote