View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 10:32 PM   #27
Craig
Administrator

Craig has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scipafricanus View Post
I heard for SECF you do not do this until the beginning of sub school. Can anyone comment?

Also, this might sound like a stupid question. But do the people I ship out of Brooklyn MEPS be in the same division as I am in Basic? And further, do you train in basic with the people you will go to A school with? How big is a division in basic?
Most of the time the people you leave for boot camp will be in different division while in boot camp. You have the Triple threat division (band, choir and rifles) aka 900's division, you have the special Ops division aka 800's division, and then you have the regular division.
However, if you went in under the "Buddy Program", then your buddy will be with you all the way through "A" school.
Most division start out with about 85 people, but it soon goes down as people drop or get set back in training. But remember, your division also picks up people when the get set back from the division ahead of you.

Normally, you'll end up with about 70 sailors graduation. However, with that said, my son's division as only 40 since 32 sailors were sent back in training 3 days prior to PIR for goofing off (and getting caught).

Craig is offline   Reply With Quote