View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 09:50 AM   #6
YN2(AW)Williams
**ActiveDuty**

YN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
Sub service is voluntary and you'll be able to volunteer for that service if you meet the qualifications. When you're ready you'll talk to your commands Career Counselor about your options. You'll do this when you're striking a final rate though, not at the start typically.
I read his question in regards to that as asking if you can literally do a strike for a submarine rate, as in on a submarine.

Would what you said still be considered striking sub though? I thought striking a rate was more the process of trying out different rates until you found one that you qualified for, liked, and the Navy needed. I guess what I am trying to ask is volunteering for sub duty after you selected a rate be part of the striking process? Or would that just be volunteering for sub duty same as any other rate? Or am I just splitting hairs?
YN2(AW)Williams is offline   Reply With Quote