View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 03:02 AM   #3
Just4Kixs

Just4Kixs has much to be proud ofJust4Kixs has much to be proud ofJust4Kixs has much to be proud ofJust4Kixs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by PringleMan View Post
That gets real complicated real fast.

I have anecdotal evidence from an ETN1 at my recruiting station that they had a PACT Airman strike nuke. It was totally bizarre and they had no warning, but it did happen. Within the week they appreciated it because the guy was buddy buddy with the YN on the carrier that did materials (paint etc.) requisition, so they were able to get everything they needed in short order. So, ya know, probability of striking nuke is somewhere between 0 and 100 percent.

I would imagine, however, that intel/crypto is going to be really really low in the chances of that happening for two reasons. 1) Security and 2) opportunity. Intel/Crypto do not do a lot of at-sea sea duty, so finding an opportunity to strike with them is going to be slim. Though please correct me if I am wrong CTT1 Griffin or other CTs.

Submarine is going to be a negative. Except for nukes who are automatically allowed on subs, everyone has to go through sub school.

HM on the other hand would be a lot more likely. Ships have a medical officer, so striking with them would be like being their assistant for a few days.
I would have thought that if you have a pretty high ASVAB score that qualifies for it and came in as PACT-SN undes seaman, and if you decide to strike nuclear or those "brainiac" ratings, it'd be easy for you given you do a TS/Secret clearance. Submarines negative? What about those in SECF, STS, CS(subs) or even MMS rating(though it's engineering)?
To me , it makes sense with ratings listed close to seaman ratings like HM or MA but curious about the others.
Ships have a medical officer... from this site, I gather that smaller ships have only 1 HM, not even an officer, compared to carriers with a small sick bay vs. the 2 hospital ships.
Just4Kixs is offline   Reply With Quote